Re: [exim] custom action in route/transport for exim4

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] custom action in route/transport for exim4
Am 30.09.2013 07:29, schrieb boyd yang:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to add some custom action when an email arrived in exim4
> server.
> I want to make a HTTP request to another server.
> Can I make a simple application and insert into the routers/transports?
>
> Thanks!

Routers and Transports are not used when the email arrives. After
arrival the message can be stored in the queue, if the system i.e. has
heavy load.

You want use one of the acls, when it has to be "on arrival" . Write a
perl script for it. I suggest not to block exim with your script, so
fork it.

And a common warning: BASH isn't involved, if you need bash behaviour
you have to make a bash script for it, which you call first.

Marius