Re: [exim] Exim and Arm Research's Message Sniffer

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Linda Pagillo
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim and Arm Research's Message Sniffer
On 17 Jul 2013, at 19:34, Linda Pagillo <lpadnet@???> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I believe I posted this question to the list in the past, but
> I'm not sure where I left off with it. I'm trying to find a way to
> integrate Arm Research's Message Sniffer into Exim. Arm has a version for
> *nix platforms which comes with a plug-in for use with Spam Assassin, but
> I'm not sure if that's all it will take to get this to work. I would think
> that since the Sniffer Spam Assassin plug-in integrates directly with Spam
> Assassin, to add it to an Exim setup would be just as simple as adding it
> to any *nix based system and when Exim calls Spam Assassin, it will simply
> call Sniffer as well since Sniffer will be integrated with SA. What do you
> guys think of this theory? Thanks in advance.

Hi Linda,

That seems reasonable to me. Exim calls SpamAssassin and gets back a report on the message. If SpamAssassin is using Message Sniffer, then the report to Exim will include Message Sniffer's view.

There may be a way to call Message Sniffer directly, but I don't see it in the documentation.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex