Re: [exim] GPG support inside Exim's config

Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: exim-users
Assumptes nous: Re: [exim] GPG support inside Exim's config *solved*
Assumpte: Re: [exim] GPG support inside Exim's config
* on the Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:06:07AM +0200, Cyborg wrote:

> regarding the lastes news about PRISM, i had an idea and maybe someone
> has done that already:
>
> A transport could autosign and autoencrypt messages with pgp/gpg.
>
> If it's done via mta the client doesn't need to support it, which means,
> it will even work with any webmail.
>
> Does anyone have a gpg transport working ?

Yes (kind of):

https://grepular.com/Automatically_Encrypting_all_Incoming_Email
https://grepular.com/Automatically_Encrypting_all_Incoming_Email_Part_2

Exim encrypts all of my incoming email with my public PGP key before
delivering it. It doesn't sign, because my private key isn't available
to that server (purposefully)

I decrypt on the client side.

The reasons I do this are detailed in the blog posts above. I am the
author of the blog and the code those posts link to.

Also of interest is silentcircle.com (co-founded by the original author
of PGP, Phil Zimmermann) If you upload your public key to their keyserver,
and then verify your email address with them, whenever any of their users
email you, if the email isn't already encrypted, they encrypt it with your
public key before passing it on. Quite interesting I thought.

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F