Re: [exim] Blacklist senders from sending out mails

Author: Duane Hill
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blacklist senders from sending out mails
On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 9:17:45 AM UTC, soumya.324@??? confabulated:

> Hi,

> How can I blacklist a sender from sending out mails on the basis of his/her
> authenticated_id?

> I have tried adding the below given acl in acl_smtp_data:

> ---------
> # Blacklist spammers from sending out mail
>     deny
>       senders = /etc/exim/exim-blacklisted-senders
>       message = This account is blacklisted from sending out mails
> ---------

> The issue with this approach is, if the abuser tries to send mail with
> different identities, then his mails will be sent out. I wanted to
> blacklist on the basis of authenticated_id. Or is there any other method I
> can achieve this?

Here, I deny if the sending address doesn't match the authenticated ID
before denying the sender from a barred sender list.

acl_smtp_mail = acl_check_mail
acl_check_mail
  deny    message       = Your sending address and authenticating ID must match.
          authenticated = *
          condition     = ${if eq{$authenticated_id}{$sender_address}{no}{yes}}
          log_message   = Sender address ($sender_address) does not match the \
                          authenticated ID ($authenticated_id).

  deny    message       = Your sending address is barred from sending messages.
          authenticated = *
          senders       = /usr/local/etc/exim/senders_barred

If at first you don't succeed...
...so much for skydiving.