Re: [exim] The problem with Free Software

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Allen Bell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] The problem with Free Software
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Allen Bell <abell1204@???> wrote:

> And finally, for all those of you reading this that are getting a twitch in
> your backsides...
> having this almost uncontrollable urge to reply...

That would be me (and Dave too I suppose).

> asking why in the world I'd want to do something that YOU don't want to
> do...
> telling me why *I* shouldn't do what *I* want because *YOU* think it's
> wrong...
> telling how YOU do it because YOU found a work around...

All you have to do is edit one setting in the Local/Makefile and
rebuild exim. If you use rpms, then get the srpm, install it, find
the spot right before the make occurs, and insert a command to edit
the Local/Makefile. Build it and install it.

> attacking me for having the audacity to have formed a different opinion
> that you...

Keep in mind that I am not attacking your opinion. As sysadmins, we
all have things that we choose to do that are odd, non-standard, and
even sometimes unsafe because it makes the business flow better.
Rather, I'm curious about the desire to lash out at us for making a
security minded decision as if we were doing it to spite *you*.

> ... you're as big a part of the problem as anyone else.

I'll accept that.

...Todd