Re: [exim] SBL checks not working

Author: other
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SBL checks not working
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Support @ the VPS provider were useless... with the script monkey
asking for my root password so he could 'play' with my server and see
why server couldn't "send" email....................

I gave powerdns-recursor a go.. It wasn't as frightening as I thought
it would be, took me in all about 10-20 mins to setup (compile from
ports, configure, start). I created a network sub interface with a
private IP address and set the recursor to listen on it, updated
resolv.conf and tested. Magically all my problems are now gone. I'll
check out unbound if pdns-recursor becomes a problem.

Big lesson learned today for me.. Run your own resolver.

Cheers,
Alex.