[exim] SmartHost Auehtenticated + Relay Authenticated

Author: Don Soad
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] SmartHost Auehtenticated + Relay Authenticated
Hello folks,

I'm trying to set up an authenticated smarthost, the smarthost piece I got
it running I can sent emails trough my exim4 without problems.

What I try to do is to authenticate SMTP connections to my exim4 server in
order to secure the relay.

I tried several configurations I google it, but none of them seems to work,
exim4 keeps sending emails without asking for authentication.

For the Smarthost I configured passwd.client file like this:
*.google.com:s04d.1982@???:SuperSecurePassword

And use mail sent by smarthost; received via SMTP or fetchmail on the
wizard, as well as 0.0.0.0/0 for relay machines and google's smarthost.

Is possible to authenticate the client connection to my exim4 server?.

Thanks in advance.

--

http://soad1982.blogspot.com

My google-fu is strong this morning.