Re: [exim] missing log entries

Author: ci
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] missing log entries
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 04:26:27PM -0400 you wrote:

> I think you'll need to turn up debugging and send email manually
> through, to track down what's happening.

I'll try that within the next days.

> I can't give more help than that as I don't really know what code is
> running. Exim 4.72 was just *before* some major overhauls for security,
> in 4.73, and Debian backported a lot of that. Separately, in 4.73 there
> _was_ an issue where some deliveries went unlogged, fixed in 4.74
> (PP/06). That glitch is the only time I know of where we have failed to
> log actions taken.

I cross checked it on another server running the same version.
It is configured to deliver through a smart host. There I can see the
missing log entries. Must be another reason.

> My only suggestion, other than tracing through with debugging turned on,
> is to try squeeze-backports and a newer version of Exim to see if the
> problem is still there.

There seems to be no newer exim4 available in squeeze-backports.

> Unfortunately, packages.debian.org appears to be down right now, so I
> can't check.

Wheezy has 4.80 but I cannot update now.

Best regards,
--
R. Cirksena <ci@???>