Re: [exim-dev] [exim-cvs] Document PRDR, OCSP & DMARC optio…

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] [exim-cvs] Document PRDR, OCSP & DMARC options in OptionLists file.
On 2013-04-22 at 06:12 -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Exim Git Commits Mailing List
> <exim-git@???> wrote:
> > Commit:     16722631e9da11e5e072797bf9170a252e40635f
> > Author:     Jeremy Harris <jgh146exb@???>

> >     Document PRDR, OCSP & DMARC options in OptionLists file.
> > ---
> >  doc/doc-txt/OptionLists.txt |    9 +++++++++

> I thought Experimental options weren't supposed to be in the
> OptionLists file? It's obvious by the "if experimental $feature"
> addition though, that it only applies if those features are enabled.
> Is this the way we will document the options for experimental features
> from now on?

Experimental stuff has, in the past, always been in experimental.txt and
confined there. Arguably, if it's in the main Spec, it should be in the
other files too. Once it's in the Spec, though, it's rather locked down
and it's much less experimental.

Given that PRDR is pretty static and stable as a concept and we're not
relying on one of the more transient third-party libraries, I think
we're okay treating this as "barely experimental" and going further, as
you guys have done, instead of undoing work.

(TBH, I haven't actually found the time to code-review the PRDR stuff,
sorry)