Re: [exim] TLS problems of late

Author: Bernd Kuhls
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS problems of late
David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???> wrote in
news:1362053101.9810.31.camel@???:

> Do you have a reference for the specific problem, and the name of a
> publicly accessible Exchange server which manifests it?
>
> I'm assuming it's a Microsoft bug? Has anyone looked at making OpenSSL
> detect/work around it? What about GnuTLS?

Hi,

while trying to setup my new server with Exim 4.80.1 and OpenSSL 1.0.1e I
stumbled across the fact that I could not use Hotmail (smtp.live.com) as
smarthost. Adding

openssl_options = -all +no_tlsv1_1

to exim.conf fixed the problem, thanks for the hint! Maybe you can use this
host for testing. According to the Postfix 2.9.2 release notes this is a
known problem: http://www.postfix.org/announcements/postfix-2.9.2.html

Regards,

Bernd Kuhls