Re: [exim] TLS problems of late

Author: Warren Baker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS problems of late
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> wrote:

> MS Exchange servers and interop with OpenSSL.

Ok i just wanted to clarify that, because the problem i experienced
was not only communicating with MS Exchange servers. One server was
running Exim 4.80 (according to the banner).

> *sigh*
>
> There's no good solution here going forward, other than to limit things
> to TLS1.0 (which has had a longer history to shake loose issues) unless
> and until there's a positive indication of the remote server supporting
> something better and doing it right. Perhaps something in the DANE/MX
> stuff.

stuck between a rock and a hard place. I guess your original
suggestion of adding openssl_options to a transport might not be such
a bad idea. This way one can limit only certain TLS connections to
remote servers and then hopefully convince the remote server admin to
fix their side.

Thanks again for the help Phil.

--
.warren