Re: [exim] Rate limit issue

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Neil Youngman
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Rate limit issue
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Neil Youngman
<Neil.Youngman@???> wrote:

>   deny domains   = +sms_domains
>        ratelimit = 100 / 1h / per_rcpt / leaky / $local_part@$domain
>        message   = Too much traffic to $local_part@$domain\nlimit is $sender_rate_limit/$sender_rate_period

> The problem is that there is no other traffic logged to those addresses in the last 10 days of logs. If the ACL was working as I would expect, it should not have rejected any traffic.
> I would expect it to allow through the first 100 messages to an address that had not been used previously, then start rejecting only if the rate exceeded 100 messages per hour to the recipient address. This ACL has been in place for some time and has appeared to work as expected in the past.
> Is there an obvious error that I have missed or a known bug that might have been triggered?

Nothing obvious to me. I would add to your logged message the
$sender_rate variable, which is the value computed for this recipient.

You may have a corrupted ratelimit file (recently performed a kill -9
of exim processes maybe?). You may find it best to just delete it
(stop exim (twice), delete the file and lock file if present, then
start exim).

...Todd