Re: [exim] Quote problem with ${run}

Góra strony
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
Dla: Stephan Helma
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Quote problem with ${run}
I don't have specific answers for your issue, but I have a general
observation: in many cases, it's easier to deal with argument quoting
issues (especially in constant arguments, as here) by making what Exim
runs just be a script that handles all of it itself.

 Eg in this case, perhaps something like:
    #!/bin/sh
    exec date --date="$1" "+%A, %-d %B"
and then
    ${run {/path/to/script 2013-02-07} {$value} {$value}}

This is brute force but it gets you out of having to deal with all
sorts of quoting issues all over the place.

(This applies in general to 'have program A run program B with complex
arguments' problems.)

    - cks