Re: [exim] dkim_verify_signers and file expansion

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
Dla: Yuri D'Elia
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] dkim_verify_signers and file expansion
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Yuri D'Elia
<wavexx@???> wrote:
> Hi everyone. I'm trying to set dkim_verify_signers by reading a list of
> known signers in an external file.
> As with lists, I tried the following:
> dkim_verify_signers = $dkim_signers : /etc/exim/some_file

Looking at the docs, it expects a colon separated list of domains
only, but it is also expanded.

"The global option dkim_verify_signers can be set to a colon-separated
list of DKIM domains or identities for which the ACL acl_smtp_dkim is
called. It is expanded when the message has been received."

> Instead, the following:
> dkim_verify_signers = $dkim_signers : ${readfile{/etc/exim/some_file}{:}}
> works. Can somebody explain why I need to expand the file contents manually
> here?

The expansion gives you what you were looking for. The
dkim_verify_signers setting itself doesn't know to convert a raw file
name to a readfile like the lists do. It could either be added to the
code or it can be better documented that it doesn't work like regular
lists in that regard. I do not know how much work it would be, I have
not looked at the code, won't have time until maybe next week.

...Todd