Re: [exim] smtp_accept_* options

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Osborne, Paul (paul.osborne@canterbury.ac.uk)
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Temat: Re: [exim] smtp_accept_* options
On 2013-01-24 at 09:29 +0000, Osborne, Paul (paul.osborne@???) wrote:
> Is there some internal default limit that is being triggered here to
> cause the connection to drop?

Internal default values always get exposed as the default value of an
option and can be interrogated with `exim -bP`.

As Jonathan Haynes points to the correct option:

% exim -bP smtp_accept_max_per_connection
smtp_accept_max_per_connection = 1000

> I can set smtp_accept_queue_per_connection to a suitably large number
> - but that leaves the question: should I need to?

That controls the number of messages at which Exim will stop trying to
deliver each message individually immediately, but will instead route
the messages and set up retry hints, so that a later delivery attempt
will pick up all the messages for a remote host and deliver them at
once. Er, as is happening to you. So even if you raise your
`smtp_accept_max_per_connection` limit, you probably don't want to raise
the SMTP Transport's `connection_max_messages` value (default 500) which
is the sending counterpart.

Investigate `exim -qq...` as a replacement for `exim -q...`.

-Phil