Re: [exim] Beyond server_set_id ?

Góra strony
Autor: W B Hacker
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] Beyond server_set_id ?
Robert Blayzor wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2012, at 4:45 AM, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
>> Just do stuff in the mail acl, based on the server_set_id.
>

> I was hoping that I could expand and then extract/set values from the
> lookup query we use for the server_condition (and/or server_set_id)
> to other values we return from the database.
>
> For example, our lookup could return multiple columns from the
> database with values we can use later.... We've already looked the
> user up for the authentication part, so we can return any values we
> want.
>
> Rather than having to look those values up again in a subsequent ACL
> it would be nice to possibly set variables that have values we need.

You can do, and w/o need to later extract.

As you are doing an SQL call /anyway/, just use the ...

SELECT <db_entry> AS <Exim variable>, [next set], ... [last set] WHERE

... thereby directly 'stuffing' as many items as needed into the
relevant variables w/o need of later string slicing or extraction.

Been in production for Exim (and Dovecot) for Donkey's Years here.

Bill

--
韓家標