Re: [pcre-dev] A problem with config.h.generic

Góra strony
Autor: zatlas1
Dla: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] A problem with config.h.generic
Agree , b seems to be the way to go za

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
To: Graycode <xgcode@???>
Cc: pcre-dev@???
Sent: Sat, Dec 8, 2012 12:23:31 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] A problem with config.h.generic

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Graycode wrote:

> I vote for (b) with the presumption that the PCRE code honors the
> defined/undefined specifications. For example, when the file says:
>
> /* Define to any value to enable the 16 bit PCRE library. */
> /* #undef SUPPORT_PCRE16 */
>
> then "any value" should not be used when a PCRE file contains a
> "#if SUPPORT_PCRE16" because the "any value" someone puts there would
> have to evaluate to boolean True.

Indeed. I believe that there are no instances of lines like "#if
SUPPORT_PCRE16"; they all use #ifdef (or equivalent). Incidentally, I've
checked the config file produced by CMake, and it too uses #undef for
unset options (same as autoconf).

There seems to be general support for (b) so far, so I will proceed with
arranging for suitable comments to end up in the code. What do people
think about the added lines such as these:

/* Define to 1 if you have the <stdint.h> header file. */
#ifndef HAVE_STDINT_H         <============ Added line =============
#define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
#endif                        <============ Added line =============

Should that end up as (a):

/* Define to any value if you have the <stdint.h> header file. */
/* Use #undef to undefine if you do not. */
#ifndef HAVE_STDINT_H         <============ Added line =============
#define HAVE_STDINT_H 1

or (b):

/* Define to any value if you have the <stdint.h> header file. */
/* Use #undef to undefine if you do not. */
#define HAVE_STDINT_H 1

It seems to be that (a) doesn't really make sense.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel