[exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?
As this wiki edit makes clear:
https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/_compare/7f75d987d2316e9390c4daffe32bbca2fe6e684c...f822ef80d7da473cb5b4a6acde7ceea47fb0cbaa
we continue to have a problem with numbered chapters being used in URLs,
when folks are creating links. We encourage exim-html-current/, but new
chapters will change links across versions.

How do folks feel about using the chapter names from DocBook for
generating the HTML page names, and perhaps dropping the numbers in as
symlinks?

So CHAPdovecot would become ch-dovecot.html and ch37.html, in current
versions, would be a symlink to that.

The symlinks would only exist for limited backwards compatibility with
old links, the ToC would use the new names.

Looks like exim-website.git/script/gen.pl is the place to hack.

If folks aren't opposed, I might try to get this done "sometime" before
the next release.

-Phil