Re: [exim] Configuring rate limiting on a per router basis

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Configuring rate limiting on a per router basis
On 11/22/2012 07:43 PM, Cameron Harris wrote:
> Interesting. Thanks Lena, I don't believe that is the direction i'd
> like to go. Would $sender_address_data be able to contain data about
> message headers?

Yes, depending if your routers already use address_data for some
other purpose. See chapter 15 of the docs.

> Thanks for the advice Jeremy, I guess we may have to wait for the next
> release of exim in order to do exactly what I'd like. So moving
> forward with my problem, I would like to try writing an acl
> configuration that will only act on specific messages based on their
> header, is this something that is possible with exim?

Of course. It has to be the data acl for headers to have arrived,
and they're accessible as $header_whatever: - see chapter 11
of the docs.

Bear in mind that spammers have even more of a free hand in
creating headers than they do with envelopes.  About the only
things they can't manipulate easily is the source IP and any
authentication (which probably isn't in play here).  However,
if your pet ones are keeping to a pattern....
--
Cheers,
    Jeremy