Re: [exim-dev] Release soon?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: The Doctor
CC: Todd Lyons, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Release soon?
On 2012-11-04 at 18:27 -0700, The Doctor wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 05:16:03PM -0800, Todd Lyons wrote:
> > It's been almost 6 months since the last normal release. I think it's
> > about time that we get an RC cut and rolled out. master has enough
> > small changes that the sum total is a large difference IMHO.
> >
> > Am I the only one ready for a new release?
> >
> > ...Todd
> >

> Exim 4.80.1 just got released.

Exim 4.80.1 was cut as a branch from 4.80 and had no new features, just
the minimal difference needed.

Quite a lot has happened since 4.80.

Todd: yeah, I know, I've been stalling because (1) I'm really busy at
work and (2) there was DNSSEC stuff I wanted to get finished, both
sides, instead of being half-completed.

My work schedule is such that the earlier I _might_ consider starting to
cut a release myself is around the start of December. I'm not even sure
about that.

Who else has @exim.org UIDs on a PGP key, with signatures upon those
UIDs, and an inclination to cut a release?

-Phil