Re: [exim] Delivery batching by LMTP

Author: Wolfgang Breyha
To: Roger Lynn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delivery batching by LMTP
Roger Lynn wrote, on 21.10.2012 23:14:
> My exim transport configuration is:
>
> lmtp:
> driver = lmtp
> socket = /var/run/dovecot/lmtp
> batch_max = 20
> # delivery_date_add
> # envelope_to_add
>
> When delivering the same message to two local users, exim logs this:
>
> 2012-10-16 12:02:10 1TO4uO-0002n5-6W <= root@??? U=root
> P=local S=315
> 2012-10-16 12:02:10 1TO4uO-0002n5-6W => roger <RLynn@???>
> R=local_user T=lmtp S=326
> 2012-10-16 12:02:10 1TO4uO-0002n5-6W => test <test@???>
> R=local_user T=lmtp S=326

Seems you're routing to local user ids. In this case I suspect the gid of the
users is different. Exim checks the gid and batches only to accounts with the
same gid by default. Try using the "group = ...." setting for the lmtp
transport. With cyrus I use the gid of the unix socket.

If that doesn't work you can try to use the smtp driver with protocol = lmtp
using tcp/24 instead of the unix socket transport.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha@???> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria