Re: [exim] Moving Exim from Solaris to Linux

Author: Pete
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Moving Exim from Solaris to Linux

On 01/10/12 14:06, Wolfgang Fürtbauer wrote:
> OpenSuse

Hello,

I was curious about Exim although I didn't think I'd be able to install
it successfully on my own. I decided instead to choose a Linux
distribution which had Exim already installed so I could dive in
straight away.

I'm using Debian Squeeze (x86_64) and find it fairly straightforward to
configure Exim to my liking. I always opt for 'apt-get install
exim4-daemon-heavy' to get all the content-scanning I need. My server
runs the 'monolithic' configuration file which may seem daunting at
first but with the help of 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config' it really
helps me get started with the basics in no time at all.

The 'exim filter' feature is really easy to use and extremely flexible.
I use this for system-wide header removal and certain deliveries.

Regards,

Pete.