Re: [exim-dev] Quoting of percent and underscore pgsql_quote…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Micha Lenk
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Quoting of percent and underscore pgsql_quote()
On 2012-09-26 at 17:30 +0200, Micha Lenk wrote:
> So, given that the Perl module DBD::Pg dropped the escaping of these
> characters already some years ago (CPAN RT #27538), what are the reasons
> to keep this useless escaping of percent and underscore in future Exim code?

Confirmation that the relevant code change is adequate. :)

So, src/lookups/pgsql.c in function pgsql_quote(), around line 463, you
should find:

else if (Ustrchr("\n\t\r\b\"\\%_", c) != NULL)

If you remove the % and _ from that string, does that fix the problem
for you?

By my reading of the code, that's all that's required.

Thanks,
-Phil