Re: [exim] Exim4 ldap lookups and SASL-GSSAPI authentication

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 ldap lookups and SASL-GSSAPI authentication
On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 01:00 +0200, felix wrote:
> is it SASL-GSSAPI auth possible for Exim4 ldap lookups?

No.

<snip>
> Of course, exim4 test works if I delete the ACL. Therefore,
> and given the successful ldapsearch test, I think that exim4
> is not using SASL-GSSAPI. It should because it is linked against
> libldap, which is configured in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf, which
> make SASL-GSSAPI the default authentication mechanism thanks to
> a line containing: "SASL_MECH GSSAPI" statement.

The existence of the linking against the libldap library is to allow
Exim to do LDAP lookups but there is no call to the GSSAPI
authentication mechanism. Exim can only authenticate to an LDAP server
using a normal bind (DN and password).

Patches to enable GSSAPI, of course, are welcome :)

Graeme