Re: [exim] Using more Routes in RoundRobin to send E-Mails

Author: Luca Bertoncello
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using more Routes in RoundRobin to send E-Mails
Graeme Fowler <graeme@???> schrieb:

Hi, Graeme

> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch20.html
>
> As I understand it, if a host is unreachable the next host in the
> route_list will be tried until the message is accepted.
>
> Route lists are parsed in order unless hosts_randomize is set, in which
> case they are parsed randomly.
>
> To do strict round robin you should use route_data instead of
> route_list, and do a dynamic lookup which always returns items in a
> predictable sequencing order. There are myriad ways to achieve that.

I think, I don't need a strict round robin... I think a "round robin like"
route which knows if an host is dead should be enough.
If not, I can change it later...

So, if I understand what you say and what the documentation says, I have to
create such a route:

newsletter_gw:
driver = dnslookup
transport = remote_smtp
condition = ${if def:h_X-Newsletter {true}{false} {true}}
domains = ! +local_domains
hosts_randomize = true
route_list = * mx1.domain.tld:mx2.domain.tld:mx3.domain.tld:mx4.domain.tld
no_more

Am I right?

Thanks a lot!
Luca Bertoncello