Re: [exim] Exim / Centos / Clam

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Always Learning
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim / Centos / Clam
On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Always Learning <exim@???> wrote:

> I want to use CLAM in Exim 4.63/4.72 on Centos 5 & 6.
> Would the correct syntax for defining Clam in Exim be:-
>         av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamd/clamd.pid

Likely incorrect since you specified the text file that has the PID of
the last time the clamd daemon was started. I think you probably
meant to use the unix socket file. I do it that way, here is what it
looks like on my machines:

CentOS58[root@ivwm52 ~]# grep clam /etc/exim/*
/etc/exim/exim.conf:av_scanner = clamd:/var/clamav/clamd.sock

> or
>         av_scanner = 127.0.0.1: 3310: local

This will also work in that it will try to connect to a virus scanning
daemon listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3310 and it assumes that it's
"local" so it only passes the filename or filenames that it wants to
to scan and waits for a response.

As you can see by my example, I prefer the former.

...Todd