Re: [exim] Bulk Outbound Performance

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bulk Outbound Performance
On Sun, 2 Sep 2012, W B Hacker wrote:
--snip--

> End of the day, hard-blocking PowerMTA spew is still a low/no hassle plus. It
> has not even required offsetting White Listing. Which, after all, is
> dead-easy, and would have skipped that acl clause and many more.
>
> A very LARGE plus, blocking PowerMTA is, as it smacks the multiple legions of
> entirely unrelated Merchant Bankers that are NOT 'desired' correspondents. It
> isn't as if that MTA had any other purpose but high-volume spew, after all.

I have not considered any of the mail I've mentioned to be spam. I've
signed up for it, and in some cases, paid for it.

> I may be lazy. Consumately so.

No comment.

> But I 'laze' on the side of the time-efficiency of my user-community, not
> being swamped by spam out of 'you can't DO that' helplessness.

If I was a member of your user community, I'd be a bit upset at some of
the spam filtering decisions you're making for me. Your mileage does
vary, apparently.

  Dave Lugo     dlugo@???      No spam, thanks.
  Are you the police?  . . .  No ma'am, we're sysadmins.