Re: [exim] Bulk Outbound Performance

Author: exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bulk Outbound Performance
On 02/09/12 15:06, Ron White wrote:

> What I'm looking to do - taking out the other factors like network
> speed, recipient rejection etc - is to establish if Exim can
> compete with the so-called wonder MTA's like PowerMTA.
>
> Exim is my preferred MTA and I love it, I'd just like to be able
> to stick a couple of fingers up at the doubters and say 'yes, it
> can compete with that.'

I don't know anything about PowerMTA, but I know that you could get
considerably higher performance than Exim from different
architectures. Exim has one process spawned per concurrent delivery
attempt. This is kind of like Apaches pre-fork mpm where there is one
process per concurrent HTTP response. An MTA which uses an event model
based on something like epoll, depending on the OS, could perform much
better.

- --
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F
XMPP OTR Key   8924 B06A 7917 AAF3 DBB1  BF1B 295C 3C78 3EF1 46B4