Re: [exim] Exim message thaw performance

Author: Volker Schmelich
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim message thaw performance
Thanks for all your suggestions. File system optimizations via mount
options did not help. Changing to ext3 or creating an ext3 partition is
unfortunately not possible.
Our current solution is to patch Exim to disable fsync. This reduces the
time to thaw to 15 ms which is similar to the performance we get with
our first server group on ext3. It's a bit ugly but given the
circumstances it seems to work fine. As a precaution we will use the
modified Exim binary only for thawing messages. This implies that
overall Exim performance may still be slower than it could be.

Regards,
Volker