Re: [exim] Warn message timeframe

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Warn message timeframe
Am 22.08.2012 13:32, schrieb Oliver Heesakkers:
> According to the introductory parapgraph of chapter 48 of the Exim
> documentation, Exim sends a message to the original sender when that message
> had been in the queue "for more than a configured amount of time".
>
> How do I configure that amount of time?

Look in your exim.conf near the end :

begin retry

# This single retry rule applies to all domains and all errors. It specifies
# retries every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then increasing retry intervals,
# starting at 1 hour and increasing each time by a factor of 1.5, up to 16
# hours, then retries every 6 hours until 4 days have passed since the first
# failed delivery.

# WARNING: If you do not have any retry rules at all (this section of the
# configuration is non-existent or empty), Exim will not do any retries of
# messages that fail to get delivered at the first attempt. The effect will
# be to treat temporary errors as permanent. Therefore, DO NOT remove this
# retry rule unless you really don't want any retries.

# Address or Domain    Error       Retries

*                      refused
*                      quota
*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h