[exim] Warn message timeframe

Author: Oliver Heesakkers
To: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] Warn message timeframe
According to the introductory parapgraph of chapter 48 of the Exim
documentation, Exim sends a message to the original sender when that message
had been in the queue "for more than a configured amount of time".

How do I configure that amount of time?

Perhaps I'm just completely overlooking it, but I can't find the right
directive in the docs. Of course $warn_message_delay doesn't set it, it just
sets the string that goes into the warning message.

I want to inform the user that his or her message is delayed, much earlier
than what is currently the default. Say for example after 2 hours, when the
default retry rule finishes its first ruleset. This because regularly the
cause of the delay is a combination of a user's typo and a poorly configured
server where that typo brings the delivery attempt.

Also I wouldn't want to send the user the same warning message every two hours
for the whole four days a message can be queued.

Thanks in advance.

    Oliver