Re: [pcre-dev] RunGrepTest comparison failure

Author: Philip Hazel
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] RunGrepTest comparison failure
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, I wrote:

> Aha! Those tests (35 and 36) were changed for the new pcregrep (and some
> more tests were added). I think that explains it. If you download the
> latest version of RunGrepTest, I think (hope) that it will work. It
> should certainly behave differently... :-)

I realized overnight that the above paragraph is utter nonsense. What (I
hope) is the correct position is this: the new pcregrep should pass the
tests with EITHER the new RunGrepTest plus the new testdata/* files OR
the old RunGrepTest plus the old testdata/* files. What won't work is
mixing them up.

Regards,
Philip

--