Re: [pcre-dev] RunGrepTest comparison failure

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] RunGrepTest comparison failure
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012, Sheri wrote:

> Yes, that revision does build (using Msys/minGW environment on Windows), but
> (using 8.31 testdata and test scripts) still gives exceptions on Tests 35 and
> 36. Test 36 result is unchanged but Test 35 now gives RC=1 instead of RC=2.

The change from 2 to 1 is explained by the revised code in pcregrep; now
it is returning "no match" instead of "failed to open a directory"
(which overrides "no match").

So... why are these tests failing, I wonder?

Aha! Those tests (35 and 36) were changed for the new pcregrep (and some
more tests were added). I think that explains it. If you download the
latest version of RunGrepTest, I think (hope) that it will work. It
should certainly behave differently... :-)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel