[exim] Completely lost

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Hill Ruyter
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Completely lost
Hi guys

I have been using exim4 for many years and there are some things that I have
never managed to get my head around
I am coming for help and I know many will say I should read the docs but
that is part of the problem. I don't understand!

I am running Exim on an Ubuntu server which I know differs in a number of
ways to the standard configuration and I think may not be supported by this
mailing list but any help will be appreciated

My main issue is with trying to get ACLs working properly

The things I want to do is

When a connection comes from an authenticated client then just let it
proceed
If a connection comes from elsewhere I want it to do fns checking and also
prevent mail being sent as if from me

One of my biggest spam problems is with mail appearing as if it is from me,
I am sure this must be easy to filter but I just can't seem to get the
server to even act on filters I try to configure.

I am not sure where to start anymore as I have just ignored the problem for
so long now I have forgotten where I was and every time I try to tackle it I
feel like I have to try learn again from the beginning. The documentation
although very clear does not seem to have any examples that look anything
like my config file so I quickly get lost

I don¹t get what the .ifndef statements do for example

Should I just attach my entire config file to an email or do you want me to
send sections

Are there some commands I can run that help me debug the incoming email to
see how it is being processed

Is there a good place I can go with clear explanation of how to configure
exim on an ubuntu server

Lots of questions that I am sure will frustrate many of you, please be
gentle

Regards
Hill