Re: [exim] Completely lost

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Klaus Ethgen
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Completely lost
Hi Hill,

Am Mo den 13. Aug 2012 um 18:32 schrieb Hill Ruyter:
> So my config says this when it comes to acl_smtp_rcpt ??
>

> # Defines the access control list that is run when an
> # SMTP RCPT command is received.
> #
> .ifndef MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT
> MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT = acl_check_rcpt
> .endif
> acl_smtp_rcpt = MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT
>

> What I don't get is what is ifndef ? Does it mean if it is not defined
> then define it ?

Oh, that is trivial to answer. The debian config is done with many of
that constructs. It allows you to overwrite the setting in, for example,
main/000_local.

The snippet set acl_smtp_rcpt to MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT. But
MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT is only set to acl_check_rcpt if it is not set. So
the result ist »acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt«. If you set
MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT to an other value then this value will be set for
acl_smtp_rcpt.

Speaking in technical terms, MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT is a macro, .ifndef a
preprocessor directive and acl_smtp_rcpt is a exim setting.
acl_check_rcpt at least is the name of the ACL. [0][2]

> Then a bit later says ?? should I place the filters I want in the
> configuration below, if so does it matter where and can anyone give me an
> example text to try ?
>

> acl_check_rcpt:

This is the definition of the acl. See the documentation[1] for that.

The massive use of preprocessor directives makes the debian
configuration more complex than needed. But it allows them to be
flexible and working out of the box for the most common tasks.

I have to point you also to the exim documentation[3]. It is very
complete and written in good English. It is also understandable for
foreign people (You seems to be from UK so this should be no problem).
Take the time and dig through it. I did find it fun to read. And my
native language is German.

Regards
Klaus

[0] http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch06.html#SECTmacrodefs
[1] http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch07.html#SECID54
[2] http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch06.html#SECID46
[3] http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/index.html
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C