Re: [exim] Realming authenticated users

Author: Matthew Newton
To: Robert Blayzor
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Realming authenticated users
On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 12:31:06PM -0400, Robert Blayzor wrote:
> We're hopefully looking to use the expansion string
> {$received_ip_address}, which allow us to build a map file of IP
> address to domain.
>
> Possible?

Something like

AUTH1LOOKUP = ${if eq{${domain:${quote:$auth1}}}{}\
               {${lookup{$received_ip_address}lsearch{/lookup/file}{$value}fail}\
               {${quote:$auth1}}}

server_set_id = AUTH1LOOKUP
server_condition = ...test access here using AUTH1LOOKUP as the username...

maybe?

Totally untested, but might be the right direction you want to go
in. Although preferably I'd just block access from non-qualified
usernames and tell them to fix their system, otherwise you'll be
forever maintaining a 'fix-up' list when they move IP, etc.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp@???>