[exim] Realming authenticated users

Author: Robert Blayzor
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Realming authenticated users
Looking for a possible way to "realm" users who use SMTP authentication.

Currently looking to use the Dovecot authenticator driver.

We have several ISP domains on their own IP address on the same Exim server. When a user authenticates they may or may not have their full email address as the login. Obviously we'd like the fully "realmed" login to be there, ie: user@???

So if a name comes in that does not have a fully email address, we want to look at re-writing the username before it's handed off to the authenticator. If it already has a realm (no matter what it is), we just pass it through.

We're hopefully looking to use the expansion string {$received_ip_address}, which allow us to build a map file of IP address to domain.

Possible?

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC, LLC