Re: [exim-dev] Exim Bug 1031

Author: Axel Rau
To: Phil Pennock
CC: Todd Lyons, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim Bug 1031

Am 09.06.2012 um 03:40 schrieb Phil Pennock:

> On 2012-06-08 at 12:56 +0200, Axel Rau wrote:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.exim.org/EximRelease
>> Hmm, from doc/doc-docbook/HowItWorks.txt:
>> "Installing software to process XML puts lots and lots of stuff on your box."
>> There is no easier way, i.e. just building a distro for the excutables?
>
> Edit release-process/scripts/mk_exim_release.pl and add a command-line
> option to avoid building to documentation, provide it back to us as a
> patch?
>
> Aside from building the docs, the release is really just moving a few
> files into one place and making a tar file from the results.
>
> Note: if you're not building the 4.80 release, but something more
> recent, you'll need to lay down a local git tag to label what you want.
> I'm not sure how well tags named something other than a normal
> release/RC version string will be taken -- review the Perl to find out
> if you care. If you are building "almost 4.80", please consider the
> "tls_fix" branch currently in the main repo, which adds one commit.
>
> http://git.exim.org/exim.git/shortlog/refs/heads/tls_fix

I'm still not satisfied with what I have done with my limited git knowledge.
Starting from my rebased 1031 patch (as explained by Todd),
I tried to feed this into the fbsd ports system and so gave it a suitable
release tag:
---
git tag -f exim-4.80
release-process/scripts/mk_exim_release.pl --no-docs --verbose 4.80
---
This worked all well, but ended up in an executable called
    Exim 4.80_RC7-4-f6fde0c (FreeBSD)
in the received header.

Would I better have chosen a tag like 4.81_RC0 ?

Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6 ☀ +49 151 2300 9283 ☀ computing @ chaos claudius