Re: [exim-dev] Exim Bug 1031

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Axel Rau
CC: Todd Lyons, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim Bug 1031
On 2012-06-08 at 12:56 +0200, Axel Rau wrote:
> Am 07.06.2012 um 00:16 schrieb Phil Pennock:
> > On 2012-06-06 at 22:24 +0200, Axel Rau wrote:
> >> One more question: What are the exact steps to build 4.80 distribution
> >> from the repo?
> >
> > http://wiki.exim.org/EximRelease
> Hmm, from doc/doc-docbook/HowItWorks.txt:
> "Installing software to process XML puts lots and lots of stuff on your box."
> There is no easier way, i.e. just building a distro for the excutables?

Edit release-process/scripts/mk_exim_release.pl and add a command-line
option to avoid building to documentation, provide it back to us as a
patch?

Aside from building the docs, the release is really just moving a few
files into one place and making a tar file from the results.

Note: if you're not building the 4.80 release, but something more
recent, you'll need to lay down a local git tag to label what you want.
I'm not sure how well tags named something other than a normal
release/RC version string will be taken -- review the Perl to find out
if you care. If you are building "almost 4.80", please consider the
"tls_fix" branch currently in the main repo, which adds one commit.

http://git.exim.org/exim.git/shortlog/refs/heads/tls_fix

-Phil