Re: [exim] Newbie Question about Webmail

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Newbie Question about Webmail
Lena@??? wrote:

> Webmail is slow but doesn't consume expensive memory (VPS) when idle.
> Primary access is via POP3 and POP3S, webmail is for emergencies.

MOST webmail are indeed slow. Has more to do with http than the
mailstore, though.

Prayer caches and manages that so well there isn't much else I could use
*at all* (tried just about a dozen of 'em) when some of my IMAP folders
have tens of thousands of messages stored.

Prayer, like Exim, was born at U Cambridge, who have somehow managed to
not only 'birth' some of the best mail software ever, but also prove it
solid in seriously challenging use for their own needs. AND published
how they did it. Gets my attention.

Learning curves ain't always tick-the-box easy, but a bit of study
really pays off.

Bill
--
韓家標