Re: [exim-dev] [exim] Bad Header - Bad Form

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Todd Lyons
Para: exim-dev
Asunto: Re: [exim-dev] [exim] Bad Header - Bad Form
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> wrote:

> This would be slightly easier to check the connections between the two
> if you have Exim log the SMTP confirmation from the remote side, because
> that will typically include the receiving system's message-id.
>
> If you check your Exim configuration file for "log_selector =" and add
> to it "+smtp_confirmation", or if log_selector is not found, then add to
> the *main* section of the configuration file this:
>
>  log_selector = +smtp_confirmation

What do you think about setting +smtp_confirmation as a default value?
I know we want to minimize log clutter, but most customer facing
issues we deal with are "I didn't get that email", and we can provide
a log line that says it was accepted by the remote mail server with
the mail servers exact response. Sendmail logs this by default and it
always annoyed me that exim didn't log the response until I stumbled
upon it reading the docs one day.

I also set +return_path_on_delivery so I can see the envelope
information, but that's likely to confuse casual admins who don't
fully grok what's happening in an smtp email delivery, so I wouldn't
think we want to make it a default logging option.

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding