[exim] Cannot send to own domain (which is served by Google …

Author: Ed
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Cannot send to own domain (which is served by Google apps)
I have installed exim on a Centos linode, its purpose to is send mail
reports generated by admin shell scripts.

So, my domain is foo.com however all email for foo.com is handled by
Google Apps. When I try to send email to me@??? it stays in the
queue frozen, I can send email to other gmail accounts so I presume
the basic configuration is OK but there is something it doesn't like
about foo.com.

I tried editing exim.conf and changed

domainlist local_domains = @ : localhost : localhost.localdomain
domainlist local_domains = localhost : localhost.localdomain

restarted exim and nothing changed. Do I need to restart something else? Reboot?

Ed