Re: [exim] exim delivery process hang at 100% cpu

Author: Phil Pennock
To: David Saez Padros
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim delivery process hang at 100% cpu
On 2012-05-31 at 16:52 +0200, David Saez Padros wrote:
> I has some time to debug this problem which today seems to happen
> constinuosly and have been able to reproduce the problem with a
> exim process with debuggin enabled and get this output:

You don't mention which OS this is. Nor do you mention which version of
Exim it is.

Is it by any chance FreeBSD? If so, which release? If not, which OS is
it? What is the output of:

exim -bV

?

FreeBSD changed their DB API in r190495. Exim prior to 4.70 assumed a
part of the DB API which was once implicit. As of Exim 4.70, released
2009-11-13, Exim uses the correct API. If you're using a version of
Exim older than 4.70, then you have security issues (unless your OS
vendor is backporting fixes).

A workaround is to build with:
USE_GDBM=yes
DBMLIBS=-lgdbm