Re: [exim] stop deliver when queue has more than certain num…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] stop deliver when queue has more than certain number of mails
Костырев Александр Алексеевич wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Does anybody know how to stop immediate delivery when number of mails
> in queue has reached certain limit (e.g. 1200)?
>
> I don't want to limit number of simultaneous SMTP connections or
> system load just number of mails in queue
>
> Is it possible?

Advice as to HOW already posted.

That said, you might want to take a step back and look at the WHY you
need to....

IF you are making best use of Exim's ability to vet the source and
behaviour, check DNS, RBL, and LBL BEFORE reaching the DATA stage, run
the relatively efficient ClamAV or such *before* DSPAM .. you should
only need to invoke a spam scanner AT ALL on an average of about one
arrival out of every six to ten offered.

Exim will have rejected all the worst-case junk, malware, and phish
right up front - much of it as early as the initial 'connect' stage.

Well worth digging into that for possible improvements if your DSPAM
callup count is more than 15% of your initial connect count.

Bill
--
韓家標