Re: [exim] combining multiple incoming messages to same loca…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Don Walker, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] combining multiple incoming messages to same local domain
Phil Pennock wrote:
> This is known as "single instance store", at the message-level rather
> than the attachment level. It will work unless the mail service
> provider is also rewriting Subject: headers for each variant mail.

or is personalising the emails - for example, they start with a Dear
phil, don etc, or have a per-message (or per user/list) unsubscribe link
in them.

It is very likely that the "identical messages" are not quite as
identical as hoped.

Aside:
This list uses unique recipient delivery for a proportion of messages -
this does increase the number of SMTP transactions we need to make, but
the (big from a list management point of view) upside is that we can far
more effectively identify just which recipient a bounce message/error is
associated with. So that means that list automation can identify
failing deliveries and disable those recipients. We (as in the exim.org
lists) do not use personalisation for actual message content.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]