Re: [exim-dev] Typo "writable"?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Typo "writable"?
Not sure - OED says writeable is an alternate form of writable [ see
http://yfrog.com/oct3hdfj ], which sort of suggests writable is the
primary/preferred version, but writeable isn't wrong (in the UK). I
suspect if you had raised this 20 years ago the version with the e would
have been the UK spelling, but language is a mutable thing, and the
brits are outnumbered by the rest of the english speaking world.

With heartfelt apologies to those having to work in english as a
second/third/whatever language who suffer from our sheer bloodymindedness!

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]