Re: [exim] Exim 5.x

Author: Phil Pennock
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 5.x
On 2011-05-20 at 11:18 +0000, W B Hacker wrote:
> Phil Pennock wrote:
> > and just commit a change defaulting accept_8bitmime to on, then
> > after the next release of Exim take a month-long holiday from the
> > Internet to avoid the flame-wars until they settle down and everyone
> > realises that in fact, DJB is right, Phil Hazel was right to refuse to
> > implement protocol conversion and people are making a big fuss about a
> > non-issue.
> >

> Why wait?
>
> Give me a physical ship-to off-list, and I'll furnish the first bottle
> or two to hasten the process.
>
> Hope you don't mind single-malts. I am woefully ignorant about blends,
> and wouldn't want to *harm* anyone...

Bill, thank for for the whiskey a few months back. Please accept my
apologies for forgetting about this email.

You'll be delighted to know that I've committed the change to default
accept_8bitmime to true. You may, or may not, be less happy to know
that I did this independently of your offer; I found this while checking
for references to past discussion of the issue, after pushing the change
to the master git repo.

That small bottle is calling out to me. I think I shall heed its siren
call now. It's a crime that there's still some left.

-Phil