Re: [exim] Spool file is locked (another process is handling…

Author: Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DS CD)
To: Yan Seiner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spool file is locked (another process is handling this message)
On 2012-04-12 16:52, Yan Seiner wrote:
> [...]
> Not sure what I can do to help the entropy issue. It may just be that
> I've had a huge rsync job running for days and if it's using the same pool
> it could be draining all the entropy faster than the system can generate
> it. I don't know enough about how entropy works to make more than guesses
> from googling....

Phil already made some good suggestions, some additional ideas:

If you don't care about the quality of the RNG, you could just inject
data from /dev/urandom into your entropy-pool:
rngd -r /dev/urandom

If you need a cheap, good solution:
http://robseward.com/misc/RNG2/

In case your server isn't locked away in a datacenter, you might also
want to try video/audio entropy sources,
http://www.vanheusden.com/ved/
http://www.vanheusden.com/aed/

hth, cheers,
--
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH   Martin.Schuster1@???
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria   Martin Schuster