Re: [exim] Help with empty sender_domains being rejected whe…

Author: paul.mcilfatrick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help with empty sender_domains being rejected when checking a domains whitelist file
>> On 2012-03-21 at 10:03 +0000, paul.mcilfatrick@??? wrote:
>>           !sender_domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/trusted-domains.txt
>> [...]
>> 2012-03-21 09:24:20 H=(xxx.yyy.zzz.net) [aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd] F=<> rejected RCPT <bos-dev-request@???>: Domain '' not in trusted list!

>> How can I allow e-mails resulting from errors in the local mail list files to not be rejected?

<snip>

> So:
> !sender_domains = : lsearch;/etc/exim/trusted-domains.txt
>
> is specifying a domainlist of two items, where the first is the empty
> string, the second causes an lsearch lookup.
>
> Section 10.10 is about host-lists, but without an IP address, the domain
> search-key is empty and the same matching rules apply. Suggestions for
> documentation fixes welcome.

Thanks for that Phil.

I made the change you suggested but the following MIME ACL now rejects it:

# Deny e-mail with no sender address.
  deny    condition     = ${if eq {${strlen:$sender_address}} {0}}
          message       = E-mail with '$sender_address' as sender address!
          logwrite      = E-mail with '$sender_address' as sender address - 'mime' acl deny!

Should I just comment this section out or is there some other way of doing this check for e-mails arriving at our Exim server?

Thanks again

Paul McIlfatrick