Re: [exim] trouble with a condition on a deny

Author: Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC
To: exim-users
CC: Chad Leigh
Subject: Re: [exim] trouble with a condition on a deny

On Mar 20, 2012, at 10:04 AM, Todd Lyons wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC
> <chad+exim@???> wrote:
>>
>> I have tried all of the following and various other tries similar and they don't work. They still block the mail from lists
>>
>>        deny    message = *************************** go away from impostor!  (error code XXFA)
>>       condition = ${if and { \
>>                       { match_address{${address:$header_from:}}{$recipients}} \
>>                       { !match{lc:$header_Precedence:}{"list"}} \
>>                            }{yes}{no}}
>>        !authenticated = *

> If all you added was the header match and it's still not detecting it,
> then add the match to a separate warn statement before the deny to
> verify that it's doing what you think it is. (Untested)
>
> warn    message = Found list header
>           condition = ${if match{lc:$header_Precedence:}{list} \
>                            {yes}{no} }

OK, good idea. I will try that

>> Any guidance on properly specifying the condition would be appreciated.
>
> I suspect that putting the word "list" in quotes is the likely problem.
>
> Also note that both my From and my To have the same email address. So
> if I was an smtp auth user for you, you would block my email.

If you were my customer and you were sending from OUTSIDE our servers to yourself, yes it would be blocked. If you were sending to yourself through our SMTP servers, it would not be blocked as we have a ! operator on the authenticated line (plus we have already accepted mail from authenticated users in a previously occurring line).

Thanks
Chad